The popularity of Conca dei Marini is due to the presence of Grotta dello Smeraldo... a marvellous karst cavity, one of the most famous in the world! Officially discovered by a local fisherman, Luigi Buonocore, in 1932, but actually renowned from the XX century. The name derives from the several shades of emerald green that colour the water: phenomenon caused by a submarine fissure that filter the sunlight.
Another main sight of the village is The Church of Santa Maria di Grado, located in Grado, the upper part of the village after which it takes its name. This church originally dates back to the 9th Century. It was destroyed by a natural disaster and was rebuilt the following century. The original building cannot be seen as the modifications made over the centuries have been so many. In 1539, the Bishop Giovanni Ferdinando Annio donated the church to the local town hall who subsequently gave it in poor condition to the Pandolfo family in the 17th century on condition that they built a monastery next door. The church is formed by a rectangular room covered by arched vaults while the outside presbytery area is covered by tiles.